Monday 8 April 2013

A simple walking workout

Ive had a niggling, dry and persistent cough for the last 2 weeks. Its been awful with the cold weather. I have avoided exercise because when I get into my coughing fits it gives me a headache and hurts my tummy (probably come out with a six pack from it all!).


I decided it was time to get moving and since my car is out of service I thought what a nice day it was to walk (quickly, not casually to keep my heart rate 15-145) all around Melton to do my errands. I knew it was going to be a long walk because I would never consider walking to the Chemist Warehouse if I had my car, ever EVER! I was determined to do light exercise that wasn't going to make me have to breathe too heavily so I donned my heart rate monitor, ipod, fitbit, and GPS tracker on my phone and out I set!

In total I walked 9.8km and burnt 1070 calories! Got some lovely sun, worked on my tan a bit and collected my perscription, dinner for tonight, and also my parcel from the post office. I treated myself to subway for lunch and used my heavy bags of meat and veg to work my arms while walking home. So I looked like a weirdo... I got a workout out of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment