Tuesday 29 January 2013

Such a great day

Today I have had a really simple but amazing day. The sun is shining and temperature outside is 24, lovely mild weather. So I went for a 5.38km run around my house over 45 minutes, weaving in and out of streets. When I got home I felt like I still had so much energy even though at the end of my run I felt exhausted.


I grabbed my yoga mat and took it outside for some circuit training consisting of:

  • 30 springs
  • 30 lunges per leg
  • 20 burpees
  • 20 push-ups
  • 30 sit-ups
  • 30 mountain climbers





All up I burnt 631 calories!!

I felt so good, I decided to celebrate with a 6inch sub from subway with chicken terriyaki and a bottle of water. Mmmm mmm, delicious! And got to meet up with my husband for lunch at the same time!

After having a physically great morning, I thought it was time to get some chores out of the way. First up, grocery shopping. I didn't give in to temptation and I bought heaps of yummy looking fruit for the next few days including nectarines, apricots and bananas. The lady at the self-serve checkout in coles kept telling me how impressed she was at how well I was putting my trolley load of shopping through; its super easy when you know how they work!

I have been procrastinating going to the police station for weeks now because I needed some things signed for our marriage certificate to be sent out to us. So FINALLY I drove myself there and did that.

Then last stop was ALDI for a scrumptious marinated roast chicken for dinner tomorrow night. I often don't like going to ALDI for just a few things because you have to stand in that huge line for ages behind people who do their weekly shopping and pile the trolley til they just cant fit no more! But today, I picked the right line because a little old man asked if I wanted to go in front of him, which was lovely. Then the lady who was now in front of me moved the shopping to make way for my chicken and strawberries and put the divider down for me. They we really nice people.

So I got my workout done early, in the beautiful sunshine and all my chores done surrounded by really nice people. It is all really lame, simple things but they have made my day that little bit better each time and I am feeling really really great. Now to sit down and start on my thankyou cards from our wedding!

No comments:

Post a Comment